Friday, April 8, 2011

Broken Wine Glasses

What does it say about me that I've broken two of the six wineglasses given to me, er, I mean, given to my boyfriend, for Christmas?

Apparently, I need heavy-duty wineglasses. Or plastic wineglasses. Or maybe I just need to stop drinking wine.

Yeah, right.

With nine credits worth of classes, 40+ hours of work, one son, no spouse, two cats and a neurotic tendency to have to KEEP. MY. HOUSE. CLEAN., there's no other way to wind down at the end of the day.

Except maybe with valium. Or xanax. Hell, a vicoden'll work if there's nothing else.

But I think red wine--good for the heart!--is a better choice than addictive painkillers.

I think the culprit is my cast-iron sink. First time I've ever had a cast-iron sink. It's destroyed three of my sturdy ceramic bowls, two salad plates and one dinner plate. The mugs are still managing to hang in there, but there are chips and cracks in all four.

I try to be careful...I wash and rinse the glasses gently, yet the cracks are still appearing. And today, the second one broke.

Sigh. Maybe I just need to start budgeting for ongoing wine glass purchase.

Dammit.

1 comment:

  1. I think plastic wine glasses would be best idea for you as you are aware of taking care of them.Leaving drink will be hatred :)
    -Plastic Wine Glasses Perth

    ReplyDelete