Sunday, May 15, 2011

Another submission

I submitted my second-ever non-fiction piece for publication. That's always such a fun feeling; it's somewhat addictive. Where else can I send my piece?!

Of course, my first-ever non-fiction piece was immediately selected for publication. But it was an ultrarunning magazine with low circulation, and the piece was a (humorous) race report. (Which I know wish I could go back and re-write!)

Fingers crossed on this one. It's a 620-word story told through a phone call. I've been focusing on telling an entire story, not just a vignette, in my short-shorts, and I feel pretty good about it.

Oh, wait, that reminds me. This is my third non-fiction piece submitted. I submitted a non-fiction piece to my local community college's publication, and it was rejected (boo!). I felt pretty good about that one, too. I suppose I shouldn't take my feelings about a piece into consideration, ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment