Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Earnest Fiction

Recently I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my fiction. I finally settled on the idea that it's too damn earnest. So when I heard a new journal called Printer's Devil Review was seeking submissions of "thoughtful, earnest fiction" that focused on "the inner lives of characters: their intimate challenges and relationships" from non-published or emerging writers, I got excited. Sounds like a good fit, especially for a particular story I've polished in the last couple months. As part of my fiction class this semester, we had to submit a story (in class, in front of our peers, so they see us do it). Tonight, I submitted "Fireworks" to PDR. Yay!

*Fingers crossed!*

PS They aren't affiliated with any organization and are running it solely on volunteer efforts & their own cash. Check out how you can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment