Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bad News & Good News

Earlier tonight, I wrote a post about getting some bad news. I was going to post it tomorrow. But then, good news came, and I had to post tonight :)

BAD NEWS (But really, good news, because every rejection is another step closer to publication, right?):
I received a rejection letter for an incredibly short piece I submitted to matchbook for their ad stories. Great idea: short stories told through Google ads. Total of 70 characters, including title & byline.

Exhausted at Midnight
Lovers fell asleep, intertwined.
They didn't even brush their teeth.
By: Angie Brown

Now, for the GOOD NEWS:
"Fireworks", a piece that I started last spring and made major, major revisions to over the winter and this spring (exhausting myself in the process!) was accepted for publication in the 15th volume of the Off the Rocks Anthology, which is a print publication by the NewTown Writers of Chicago. Oh my goodness, I'm so excited!! It's my first fiction piece to be published in print (a micro-fiction piece will be published online in August).

WOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment