Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Semester: (almost) complete

Final lit paper: check.
Final lit discussion posts: check.
Final fiction submittal: check (see previous post re: PDR).
Final nonfiction class/potluck: check.

All that's left is a final individual conference with my non-fic instructor on Thursday evening. This will be followed by joining my co-workers at a company-sponsored suite at the Padres game. Time to cel-a-brate!

I get two weeks of peace before All. Hell. Breaks. Loose. with my summer semester.

At least I'm beginning to incorporate running into my weekly routine again. Sort of. Well, if you can call walking with a few jog strides thrown in "running," which I do. It's the idea of going out at sunset, when the clouds are yellow and orange and blue and purple and pale with delight, and the breeze carries the scent of creosote and rocks, and spending anywhere from 30 to 90 minutes with only myself as my company, steadily moving through the desert or downtown or my neighborhood, is a stress-relaxer and meditation-inducer.

Sigh. Here's hoping my hamstring will begin to behave and I can really run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment